On April 21, Google once again upended the Internet. Sites optimized for mobile search found themselves elevated above those that weren’t.
How did you prepare?
If you didn’t, it’s now harder than ever for your customers to find you.
This also means you’re losing business. Mobile search is king these days, and mobile search usually means local search.
What Is Local Search?
Exactly what it sounds like. Local search is how your clients use the Internet to discover businesses in their immediate surroundings. Have you ever looked at Google maps and noticed all the businesses highlighted in a city or town? They’re there because they paid Google to include them. Local search is nothing more than the use of search engines that allow users to submit geographically constrained searches against a database of local business listings. To put it simply, all this mean is that when someone searches, “Smartphone repair Tulsa,” a Tulsa-based smartphone repair shop will be at the top of the search returns. And if you’ve paid for a local search ad, then you’re advertisement will pop up too.
Here’s some statistics that highlight just how important mobile has become:
1. Two billion consumers worldwide will acquire smartphones by 2016.
2. In less than 1.5 years, more search queries will come from smartphones than tablets and PCs combined.
3. Mobile search query share more than doubled in just one year.
4. Local searches from smartphone outpaced PCs across all ages.
5. 70 percent of conversions happen within 5 hours of a mobile search.
6. 76 percent of smartphone searchers have used a store location extension in search results to help them find a store.
7. Consumers expect locations to be within 5 miles of their location when searching from a device.
The surprising thing? Very few advertisers target 5 miles or fewer in their radius targeting.
That’s right; most cellphone repair stores are not optimized for local search. This means that while local search is growing, businesses are failing to meet the demand for information.
Optimize for Local Search and Crush the Competition
You can easily get ahead of the competition just by optimizing for local search. Conversion rates for smartphone shoppers on mobile optimized sites is 160 percent higher than on non-optimized sites! And the average order value on mobile-optimized sites is 102 percert of the average order value for shoppers on PCs on the same sites. There’s a ton of money to be made in mobile, to put it mildly.
Looking for a company that specializes in helping cellphone repair shops rocket to the top of the search returns? Then look no further. We get the results you want, ensuring your customers find you when they need to. Contact us today to discover how local search can revitalize your business.